Login    Join    Forgot Password?
Health Refs
Good to Know!

Me We Too app
Shout Our Universe app
Keywords
Wifi Harm: Experiment finds shrubs die when placed next to wireless routers
Posted 11 months ago
Updated 11 months ago
Posted By 
wildcherry
0 Fans
0 Friends

From December 2013:

For their school science project, a group of 15 year-old girls in Denamrk wanted to test whether cell phones could be harmful.

Pupil Lea Nielsen said: ‘We all thought we experienced concentration problems in school if we slept with our mobile phones at the bedside, and sometimes we also found it difficult sleeping.’

They put plants near wireless routers, to test whether they showed any bad effects from being next to the radio waves. They found that when they grew trays of garden cress next to wifi routers, most of the seedlings died.

Six trays were put in a room without any equipment and another six trays were put in a room next to two routers. Over 12 days, many of the seedlings in the wifi room turned brown and died, while the seedlings in the other room thrived.

Critics claim that the wifi room seedlings could have suffered from the heat emitted from the devices, not the radiation. This seems unlikely though, as they were not touching...

Researchers in Holland found that ash trees exposed to wireless radio signals suffered from damaged bark,bark bleeding, and dying leaves. The city of Alphen aan den Rijn ordered the study in 2008 after officials found unexplained abnormalities on trees, which they didn't believe to be caused by a viral infection.

In the Holland study, the trees were exposed to six sources of radiation, with frequencies ranging from 24212 to 2472 MHz and a power of 100 mW at a distance of just 20 inches. The trees closes to the wifi radio developed a 'lead-like shine' on their leaves due to the dying of the upper and lower epidermis, eventually leading to the death of parts of the leaves.

About 70 percent of all trees in urban areas in the Netherlands show the same symptoms in 2013, while only 10 percent did in 2008. Trees in densely forested areas are not affected.

Comments/Ratings (0)
Most Hits
Cell Phone Overheats, Catches Fire Under Pillow
The pictures pretty much say it all in the New York Police Department's 33rd Precinct tweet: (via @NYPD 33rd Precinct, Twitter)PSA: Don't put your smartphones under your pillow!  The alarm clock will still work on your night stand!PSA = Public Service Announcement
Temporary blindness from one-eye smartphone viewing in dark
An article was published in "The New England Journal of Medicine" describing how you can get temporary vision loss, as found when getting the case history of a 22-year-old woman and 40-year-old woman.  The cause was pretty simple: lying down in bed on your side in the dark, looking at a smartphone, but only with one eye as the other eye is blocked by your pillow - when going back to using...[ Read More... ]
Report scrapbook by:
Report a concern
Comments:
Name:
Email (not posted) :
Website:
Comment:
Enter Captcha Code:
Case Sensitive
Please use the form below to post your comment/rating!
Name:
Email (not posted):
Rating:
1 star out of 52 stars out of 53 stars out of 54 stars out of 55 stars out of 5
Subject:
Comment:
Enter Captcha Code:
Case Sensitive
Subscription Added!
Comments/Ratings (0)
Sort By
No Comments, be the first to comment!
Report comment by:
Report a concern
Comments: