Login    Register    Forgot Password?
Health Refs
Good to Know!

Keywords
Sort By
At the Ohio State Fair, one of the riders injured, Abdihakim Hussein, 19, recalled what happened in the deadly incident:Hussein and his girlfriend, 20-year-old Hannah Sallee, were riding beside the car that came apart when they noticed the floor of their car lift up."I was like, 'That's not supposed to happen,'" she told ABC News. Then, the car next to them broke apart."When the piece broke...[ Read More... ]
Comments/Ratings (0)
Beach Warning: What To Do In Shallow Water To Avoid Potential For Severe Injuries
Shallow water seems the safer option both to avoid sharks/ other sea animals, and to avoid any problems with the ocean water/drowning.  But the sand isn't that soft sand that you may think you will fall on if a big wave comes in and knocks you over...it's more like hard cement:As I researched this story I found out it's a repeated occurrence at beach destinations nationwide.Over a three-year...[ Read More... ]
Comments/Ratings (0)
...Like Cryptosporidium.  It is the cause of an Alabama water pak being temporarilty closed until they "super chlorinate" the water, planning to be running in time for this weekend, August 20 and 21.The Spring Valley Beach Water Park in Blountsville, Alabama, was closed this weekend after health officials traced a parasite called cryptosporidium to the park. The microscopic...[ Read More... ]
Comments/Ratings (0)
Posted on Facebook Yesterday by Dallas man David Salmon after falling off a waterslide on a cliff in a private home in Austin:Too dang old to be going down water slides. Fell off this one that is over a rocky cliff. First time in an ambulance. I'm currently in the hospital in Round Rock. Broke my arm (humerus) and fractured ribs. Multiple lacerations on my back, arms and side. Just found out I...[ Read More... ]
Comments/Ratings (0)
Dangers of sparklers and homemade fireckrackers for 4th of July:A Texas teenager lost part of his leg and may be permanently blind after a homemade "sparkler bomb" exploded in front of him on Saturday, his family said.Rowdy Radford, 15, tied nearly 200 sparklers together at his family's home in Sargent, south of Houston, relatives told NBC affiliate KPRC.When Radford lit the device, it...[ Read More... ]
Comments/Ratings (0)
Something to think about when whitewater rafting:A young woman died this week in Ohio after being infected by Naegleria fowleri, commonly called a brain-eating amoeba.Officials from the Franklin County Public Health Department confirmed that the 18-year-old died from amoebic meningoencephalitis, in which the membrane around the brain and spinal cord swells because of infection by...[ Read More... ]
Comments/Ratings (3)
Most Hits
Brain-eating amoeba, Naegleria fowleri
Something to think about when whitewater rafting:A young woman died this week in Ohio after being infected by Naegleria fowleri, commonly called a brain-eating amoeba.Officials from the Franklin County Public Health Department confirmed that the 18-year-old died from amoebic meningoencephalitis, in which the membrane around the brain and spinal cord swells because of infection by...[ Read More... ]
Rowdy Radford, 15, injured by a homemade
Dangers of sparklers and homemade fireckrackers for 4th of July:A Texas teenager lost part of his leg and may be permanently blind after a homemade "sparkler bomb" exploded in front of him on Saturday, his family said.Rowdy Radford, 15, tied nearly 200 sparklers together at his family's home in Sargent, south of Houston, relatives told NBC affiliate KPRC.When Radford lit the device, it...[ Read More... ]
Report scrapbook by:
Report a concern
Comments: