Login    Register    Forgot Password?
Health Refs
Good to Know!

Me We Too app
Shout Our Universe app
Keywords
Man who died of lung cancer says moral of story:
Geoffrey Turner, 66 year-old man from Latham, New York died on Februrary 13. He used his obituary to warn other to not smoke, or quit if they are:"I was an idiot who made the same stupid decision, day-after-day, multiple times per day. I was a smoker and even though I knew it may eventually kill me, I chose to deny the truth to myself. The pain and suffering I caused my family was not worth the...[ Read More... ]
Comments/Ratings (0)
Grand Canyon visitors & employees may have been exposed to dangerous radiation levels for years
Tourists and employees at the Grand Canyon National Park may have been exposed to dangerous levels of radiation for years, federal officials said.Three paint cans stored in the Grand Canyon's museum collection were found to be full of radioactive uranium for decades.  The cans have been removed and the area is now safe.The National Park's safety director says thousands of people were...[ Read More... ]
Comments/Ratings (0)
Swimming with sharks at your own risk - you can get bit
Katarina Zarutskie, 19-year-old nursing student at University of Miami and Instagram model from Laguna Beach, California, swam with nurse sharks in the ocean off the Bahamas' Staniel Cay last month.  Floating one minute and then yanked under water by a 5-foot shark the next."He had my wrist in his mouth and I could feel his teeth sinking into my arm," Zarutskie told NBC News on Monday....[ Read More... ]
Comments/Ratings (0)
Ravenna, Ohio: Ohio woman Nickolette Botsford says she found a tooth with dried blood on it while eating cashews.  She felt something hard while chewing on the nuts "and vomited when she saw it looked like a tooth", WOIO-TV reports.   The hospital confirmed it is in fact a human tooth spotted with dried blood.  Botsford was treated for exposure to blood or bodily...[ Read More... ]
Comments/Ratings (0)
Twitter users who used to work for Ulta Beauty posted tweets accusing Ulta Beaty of reselling used makeup-products on purpose.One Twitter user named @fatinamxo wrote about how the retail managers instructed her to clean used makeup products so they could be repackaged and sold again.So I’m gonna start a thread about a serious matter because I feel like makeup lovers should know what’s...[ Read More... ]
Comments/Ratings (0)
Gluten-free diet not recommended if you don't have celiac disease
It's recommended to go gluten-free if you have been diagnosed with celiac disease, as strong evidence links gluten to digestive problems in these specific cases.  But Consumer Reports says avoiding gluten is not a good idea for those who are not allergic to gluten, and can do more harm than good:"Less than 7 percent of Americans have celiac disease or another condition that causes gluten...[ Read More... ]
Comments/Ratings (0)
Lafayette, Louisiana: Friends Karen Bowers and Jeanette LeBlanc shucked and ate about two dozen raw oysters.“About 36 hours later she started having extreme respiratory distress, had a rash on her legs and everything,” Bergquist said.“An allergic reaction of sorts, that’s what I would call it. That’s what we thought,” Bowers added.(via KRON4, "Texas woman dies...[ Read More... ]
Comments/Ratings (0)
Visalia, California: It's flu season, but not everyone with flu-like symptoms have the flu.  12-year-old Alyssa Alcaraz showed the signs of the flu and it was just assumed she had the flu since the flu has been so widerspread.  Unfortunately that assumption delayed the prescription of antiobiotics which she really needed.  It wasn't until Alyssa died that they found out she...[ Read More... ]
Comments/Ratings (0)
Nebraska: Kelly Leisure was bit by a brown recluse spider hiding in his hoodie from his closet.  He fel sick when he got home later that day and then spent the next 5 days in bed before finally going to the hospital.“If I would have been in that room for another 24 hours, I would have been gone,” Kelly said.When Kelly got to the hospital, doctors rushed him into...[ Read More... ]
Comments/Ratings (2)
2.50 2.50 2.50 2.50 2.50
Claire's recalls children's makeup after mom finds asbestos in 6-year-old's kit
Claire's, a store that sells accessories and makeup targeting young girls and teens, has recalled 17 makeup kits and pulled them off the shelves because they were found to contain asbestos.  The investigation was started by Barrington, Rhode Island mom Kristi Warner testing her 6-year-old daughter's makeup kit via an independent lab and getting the alarming news:"I physically sank,”...[ Read More... ]
Comments/Ratings (0)
Report scrapbook by:
Report a concern
Comments: