Nebraska: Kelly Leisure was bit by a brown recluse spider hiding in his hoodie from his closet. He fel sick when he got home later that day and then spent the next 5 days in bed before finally going to the hospital.
“If I would have been in that room for another 24 hours, I would have been gone,” Kelly said.
When Kelly got to the hospital, doctors rushed him into surgery.
Video shows the massive bandage covering a good portion of Kelly’s back after the surgery.
Even days after the operation, the open wound is still at least six inches long.
Kelly still has to have fluids pumped from his back, and the dressing changed every other day.
The brown recluse spider venom causes tissue necrosis. They prefer to stay hidden in dark places. If you get bit by one, you need to get help right away.