Two times in two weeks a fire was sparked by diy (do-it-yourself) attempts to kill bed bugs with rubbing alcohol, causing extensive damage in Cinicinnati, Ohio.
The first on November 28 when a 13-year old boy accidentally set fire to an apartment building after dousing a bed bug with alchohol. 8 people were left homeless.
The second late Friday on December 8, 3 people were injured and 10 people left homeless when a woman accidentally started a fire with the same rubbing alcohol on bed bugs diy technique. The 3 people were sent to a hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation, not life-threatening. The fire heavily damaged a five-unit building.