Login    Join    Forgot Password?
Health Refs
Good to Know!

Me We Too app
Shout Our Universe app
5 Post(s) Found
Don't leave hand sanitizer - or clear water bottles - in your car, fire department says
UPDATE:"Brazilian fact-checker Aos Fatos and Estado Verifica found that a car would need to reach an internal temperature above 300 degrees Celsius (572 degrees Fahrenheit) to cause hand sanitizer to combust. A study by Arizona State University looking at cars parked in triple-digit summer heat found temperatures topped out around 160 F (71.11 C)," according to its report.Most hand...[ Read More... ]
Comments/Ratings (0)
common bedbug (Cimex lectularius)
Two times in two weeks a fire was sparked by diy (do-it-yourself) attempts to kill bed bugs with rubbing alcohol, causing extensive damage in Cinicinnati, Ohio.The first on November 28 when a 13-year old boy accidentally set fire to an apartment building after dousing a bed bug with alchohol.  8 people were left homeless.The second late Friday on December 8, 3 people were injured and 10...[ Read More... ]
Comments/Ratings (1)
2.00 2.00 2.00 2.00 2.00
Fire Ball
At the Ohio State Fair, one of the riders injured, Abdihakim Hussein, 19, recalled what happened in the deadly incident:Hussein and his girlfriend, 20-year-old Hannah Sallee, were riding beside the car that came apart when they noticed the floor of their car lift up."I was like, 'That's not supposed to happen,'" she told ABC News. Then, the car next to them broke apart."When the piece broke...[ Read More... ]
Comments/Ratings (0)
Rowdy Radford, 15, injured by a homemade "sparkler bomb" in Sargent, Texas
Dangers of sparklers and homemade fireckrackers for 4th of July:A Texas teenager lost part of his leg and may be permanently blind after a homemade "sparkler bomb" exploded in front of him on Saturday, his family said.Rowdy Radford, 15, tied nearly 200 sparklers together at his family's home in Sargent, south of Houston, relatives told NBC affiliate KPRC.When Radford lit the device, it...[ Read More... ]
Comments/Ratings (0)
Cell Phone Overheats, Catches Fire Under Pillow
The pictures pretty much say it all in the New York Police Department's 33rd Precinct tweet: (via @NYPD 33rd Precinct, Twitter)PSA: Don't put your smartphones under your pillow!  The alarm clock will still work on your night stand!PSA = Public Service Announcement
Comments/Ratings (0)
Report scrapbook by:
Report a concern